Your Scheme administrator

If you have any questions about your pension, have a look in your Benpal account first.

Log in to Benpal

If you still can’t find the answer, or you want to talk to someone, please contact Aptia, the Scheme’s administrator:

Phone: 01689 887500


Post: Aptia, Maclaren House, Talbot Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0FP

What to do when someone has died

When a Scheme member dies, please let us know by contacting the Scheme Administrator on the details above.

We know it’s a difficult time but it will be helpful if you can give us as much information about the deceased person as possible - including name, date of birth, contact details and their National Insurance number. This will enable us to find their pension benefits more quickly. The Trustees will need to work out who to pay any pension benefits to, so we may be in touch with you about this.

If you have a complaint

If you have a complaint about the Scheme, please talk to the Scheme administrator first. Complaints can usually be resolved informally by the administrator.

If you can’t resolve your complaint in this way, you can use the Scheme’s formal complaints process.

The formal complaints process has two stages.

  1. The Scheme pensions manager will consider your complaint.
  2. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you can refer your complaint to the Scheme Trustees.

If your complaint cannot be resolved using the formal process, you can refer it to the Pensions Ombudsman. You’ll find their contact details under Useful organisations.